Consultation Required for NEW Private Pay & Alma Clients
As a new private pay or Alma client, you’ll first need to schedule a 15-minute free online therapy consultation prior to scheduling your intake and ongoing therapy appointments so that you can make sure your chosen therapist is a great fit for you.
Upon scheduling your consultation, you will be required to enter your credit card information. A fee of $50.00 will be charged to your card if you don’t show up to your consultation appointment within 10 minutes of the appointment start time. If the credit card on file is declined, a $25 fee will be assessed. Thank you for your understanding and for helping our practice run efficiently!
Licensed Partner Therapists
• $150 per up to 30-minute session
• $250 per up to 50-minute session
• $400 per up to 80-minute session
Licensed Staff Therapists
• $120 per up to 30-minute session
• $200 per 50-minute session
• $320 per 80-minute session
Registered Associate Staff Therapists
• $90 per 30-minute session
• $150 per 50-minute session
• $240 per 80-minute session
Other fees that may be accrued by clients are detailed in our Informed Consent. You will sign this form before you engage in therapy services with Parks & Powers.
We accept the following forms of payment:
• American Express
• Diner‘s Club
• Out-of-Network Insurance Benefits
This includes HSA (health savings account) cards and FSA (flex savings account cards). However, HSA and FSA cards must have a Visa, Discover, MasterCard, or American Express logo on the card. When paying by credit card, the credit card must be in the Client’s name.
Your payments are processed online through your secure client portal in our electronic health records system, TheraNest.
Good Faith Estimate Notice
Private Pay clients have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical and mental health care will cost. Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the expected charges for medical services, including psychotherapy services. You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency healthcare services, including psychotherapy services. You can ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule a service. If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill. Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate. For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises.
Use Your Insurance Benefits!
When you’ve been referred to us directly (instead of attending a consultation) from an insurer with whom your provider is contracted, we will bill your insurance directly for your therapy. You will be responsible for paying us, according to our Informed Consent, for any fees your insurance doesn’t cover.
Alma Client Insurance & EAP Billing
When you submit a consultation request through the Alma website (to work with one of our providers who is credentialed through Alma with your insurer or EAP), we contract with Alma to have them bill your insurance or EAP directly for your therapy. You will be responsible for paying us, according to our Informed Consent, for any fees your insurance or EAP doesn’t cover. If your chosen provider is working with Alma, they will be listed directly below and you can jump to their Alma profile by clicking on their name below to see if they’re in-network with your insurer or EAP and request a consultation right from their Alma profile:
If you want to use your PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) or POS (Point of Service) out-of-network insurance benefits, please note the following:
- We recommend that you contact your insurance carrier for information on their superbill process and reimbursement rates prior to beginning therapy with us. Click here to download a form to make speaking with your insurance company EASY!
- You will be responsible for paying us, according to our Informed Consent, regardless of your anticipated insurance reimbursement.
- We will provide you with a monthly superbill, upon written request, for possible reimbursement – directly to you – from your insurance carrier. To obtain a Superbill Request form, please contact your therapist directly and they will send it to you through your confidential Client Portal in our TheraNest EHR.